Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 18 - Progress Report (900 words, 15% complete)

It's been several days since I started memorizing Kanji readings before learning my daily word list.  I've found this strategy to be a immensely easier than before.  The numbers below show my daily card progress.

Day 18 new word statistics

1:42 50
1:52 32
2:00 21
2:05 8
2:09 3

As you can see I remembered 94% of the word list by the 5th review.  The final 3 cards may or may not be remembered by tonight.  I'm not really concerned.  Today was my most successful day so far.  I attribute this to learning the 46 new card readings in advance.

I've been recording the number of new Kanji readings that I've deliberately learned preceding the learning of new words.  The number of new readings should drop over time making the learning of new words even easier. Although I estimate that I can read over 1,000 Kanji, I currently have 382 cards in my onyomi reading deck.

New Kanji Readings (382 total)
2/7 - 46
2/6 - 17
2/5 - 38
2/4 - 48

Ideally new readings should be learned the day before the words that use them.  However I've been doing them about an hour to several hours before learning words.  It seems to be working.  If I have the time I will try to increase my number of new readings per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment