Thursday, February 4, 2010

What does success look like?

I define success as a daily perseverance towards a goal.  My goal for today is to memorize 50 new Japanese words and maintain my growing vocabulary (current est. 2,373 words and 1k+ Kanji readings).

I'm wearing an eye-patch today because there's something wrong with my eyes.  I occasionally get severe headaches.  Although I can't attribute it entirely to EJS (extreme Japanese studying) it does seem somewhat related to extensive monitor viewing.  Maybe my right eye compensates for the left.  Either way, the patch is helping.

What does success look like?  Well, I consider myself a success today and here's what I look like.  Eye-patch, black beanie, headset, and a pretty serious facial expression.

I will not fail today.  I will persevere.  What does your success look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment