Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 17 - 82%

My current project is winding down with only 400 new sentences to go. I should be done on Tuesday at which point I'll spend another week or so doing reviews and wrapping up the failed cards (currently at 231).

This has been a really good challenge so far. I think the challenge is good in length. I'll have finished all new sentences in 21 days. The rest of the cards (reviews and fails) will be complete about a week after that for a total of 30 days. My first card accuracy rate is still floating around 73% of 1855 sentences.

It's probably not too early to say that in retrospect the project has some flaws. For one I think 100 sentences is too many per day (Flashcards, not reading in general!). Furthermore, I think the content is too easy. I would prefer fewer, more challenging sentences. It's a very difficult balance to find. Try finding 10 sentences in your target language that you want to learn. It's time consuming. I think when I move onto the intermediate level sentences I'll either do about half as many cards per day or do less sentences in the challenge.

I'll write a thorough postmortem next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment